cc-metadata - id3?

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Bjorn Wijers <mailings AT bdisfunctional.net>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: id3?
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:06:32 +0200

Hi there,

I'm working on a webapp that includes license info the user has selected, but I'm a bit confused which part of the id3 tags I should use. The Developers info says:

"TCOP (Copyright Text) should include a human-readable license and license claim information. The contents of this frame are displayed by many programs in a "file info" window. Example value: 1995 Example Band. Licensed to the public under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ verify at http://example.com/cclicenses.html";

except I thought that only id3v2xx has this TCOP frame as a possibility, so I presume that for older systems that can only understand id3v1x we should use the comment field? Another thing is we are doing everything in Dutch, but I presume that I can use the Dutch human-readable url....in other words is this dutch language URL staying the same for now and the forseeable future?

Thanks!

grtz
BjornW
simuze.nl