cc-metadata - Displaying CC info in Google tech challenge

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Matthew Haughey <matt AT haughey.com>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Displaying CC info in Google tech challenge
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:39:49 -0800

After checking out BetterSearch for Firefox[1], I was intrigued by how a plugin could basically insert new information into a Google result page and my first thought was "How hard would it be to extend ccMoz[2] to do something similar with Google results pages?"

I could request the BetterSearch developer to roll this into the plugin but figured it might be easy to extend existing code like mozCC into displaying added info on Google itself (maybe even Google images too?)

Matt

[1] http://bettersearch.g-blog.net/
[2] http://yergler.net/projects/mozcc/