cc-metadata - Re: Request for help

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: Davide Fugazza <davidefugazza AT gmail.com>, discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Request for help
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:33:06 -0500

Davide,

I'm the primary developer of ccLookup, and am happy to help you diagnose the problem. The source (along with the other CC tools) is available in the CCTools SourceForge project (http://sf.net/projects/cctools).
The problem may be a bug in ccLookup, or it may be a subtle bug in metadata. I don't have time this weekend, but if you send me the URL of a tagged file that doesn't validate, I'll look at it first thing Monday morning. You can also subscribe to the cctools-developer list (http://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/MailingLists) for discussion of the CC tools. Thanks,

Nathan

Davide Fugazza wrote:

Hello,
hope this is the right place for this kind of request.
I am the maintainer of the AGNULA Libre Music website, where the
registered user can upload an ogg or mp3 or flac file and have it
properly tagged according to cc guidelines. Also, a page is created
embedding rdf description.
I am having some troubles, since ccLookup (MacOS version) doesn't
validates our files and reports an "Unable to compare claims; No
embedded RDF found at information URL.