cc-metadata - XMP templates for Acrobat / Photoshop 7

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Gavin Lawrie <gavin.lawrie AT 2gc.co.uk>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: XMP templates for Acrobat / Photoshop 7
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:00:22 +0000

Hi

We are thinking of moving our web content (mostly Acrobat files) to a Creative Commons license. I have been trying to work out how to enter the XMP data efficiently in our collection of about 50 Acrobat documents. It is suggested on the CC site that there is a template that can be obtained - but the description of how to obtain it is confusing (http://creativecommons.org/technology/xmp-help refers to step 3 in the license procedure - something that doesn't seem to exist when you follow the link). The same description suggests that bulk changes are possible via Photoshop. Is this something that will work for PDF files, or just photoshop format files? Also - the edit ~ metadata menu options relating to metadata illustrated in the description - presumably they appear once you have done the work with the XMP templates? Or do I need to do something to enable this? Or is this something that doesn't work in PS7?

Hope someone can help.

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
2GC Active Management