cc-metadata - Re: CCLicense.java?

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Galen Hazelwood <galenh AT esoft.com>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CCLicense.java?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:45:11 -0600

Mike Linksvayer wrote:

Galen Hazelwood wrote:

Has anyone written, or at least started, a CC license library for Java?
I started work on my own this weekend, and then it occured to me I
should make sure I wasn't reinventing the wheel.

I don't know of any. Please post when you're finished or want review.

Well, I've done some work on it, and have the License class mostly complete. Any comments are welcome, especially from people with more hardcore Java experience than myself.

The javadoc is here:
http://home.comcast.net/~galenhz/CCLicense/doc/

The actual code is here:
http://home.comcast.net/~galenhz/CCLicense/org/creativecommons/cclicense/License.java

Right now I'm immersed in the fun world of Java+XML+RDF, which I'll need to make this class truly useful. I'll update the code as I get stuff working.

--Galen