cc-metadata - mozCC 0.8.1 Available

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>, mozcc AT mozdev.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: mozCC 0.8.1 Available
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 07:41:02 -0500

Unable to let working code lie, I’ve updated mozCC to 0.8.1. This release is an incremental release, consisting of mainly of bug fixes and cosmetic improvements. Changes include:

* Cosmetic changes to some status bar icons.
* Removal of the toolbar button; several user interface designers
e-mailed me complaining that the toolbar button simply duplicated
functionality found in the status bar, and thus confused users. I
agree.
* Better handling of |<link…>|‘d metadata. Sites such as WikiPedia
<http://wikipedia.org> and WikiTravel <http://wikitravel.org>
should now remain responsive while the metadata file is retrieved
and parsed.

Firefox users can upgrade by selecting Extensions from the Tools menu, clicking on mozCC and clicking the Update button. As always, please let me know if you have any suggestions, comments or bug reports.

Thanks,

Nathan R. Yergler

  • mozCC 0.8.1 Available, Nathan R. Yergler, 07/09/2004