cc-metadata - Re: Attn license engine users: versioning

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-metadata <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Attn license engine users: versioning
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:52:14 -0700

Brion Vibber wrote:
On Apr 14, 2004, at 09:50, Mike Linksvayer wrote:

Fixed, thanks for the bug report.

Looks good now, thanks!

Thank you!

By the way, I was just browsing mediawiki cvs and noticed your comment
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/wikipedia/phase3/config/index.php?rev=1.23&view=auto

"Going out to CC and back loses all other options from the form."

FYI you can pass anything you want in exit_url, including state you want to be passed back when the user "proceeds" back to the exit url. Another approach is to make the license chooser a popup and have the exit url use javascript to set a license field on a form in the parent page.

See <http://creativecommons.org/technology/developerdocs>, which I suppose could use more examples.

Apologies if I'm misreading your comment.