cc-metadata - Re: Attn license engine users: versioning

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Attn license engine users: versioning
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:50:56 -0700

Brion Vibber wrote:
Now that Evan Prodromou has added support for Creative Commons metadata to MediaWiki, I'm adding a license selection option to the installer using the remote licensing engine.

This is great news.

I've run into one little snag, though, with the license_button return value.

If I select public domain, I get a full URL - "http://creativecommons.org/images/public/norights.gif";. But if I select one of the licenses, I only get a partial fragment: "images/public/somerights.gif". Now, I could special-case it to add "http://creativecommons.org/"; at the start, but that doesn't seem right...

Fixed, thanks for the bug report.