cc-metadata - Re: Usage question for cclookup and cctag

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Usage question for cclookup and cctag
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:43:23 -0400

Ryan Booker wrote:
Thanks. Piece of cake.

That's a pleasant surprise.

Luckily I have gentoo that manages all these packages nicely.

They have a script that runs ontop of CSPAN and retrieves all the
packages automatically, check's if their in portage etc. Very simple
really.

Great idea piggypacking CPAN on CSPAN's bandwidth. I suppose political speeches contain very little information (i.e., are highly compressible), leaving plenty for useful stuff, like transmitting Perl modules. :-)

I've replaced the TCOP and SHA. All seems to work fine now. The
discography page is still a placeholder while I develop the new site,
but ccloopup.pl likes it.

Looks great and it works!

Just one (optional) thing you had in the RDF previously that I think will prove useful:

<dc:identifier>http://www.buzzeddie.com/inc/data/mp3/The_Buzzeddie_Family_-_Talking_Just_To_Feel_Safe_-_07_-_Pinstripe.mp3</dc:identifier>

It'd also be nice to give the user some indication of what "verification" means, perhaps by footnoting "Mp3 License Verification". Footnote could read something like "Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs-NonCommercial license applies to file(s) noted above. View page source to see machine-readable license verification code."