cc-metadata - implementation of verification page

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Ryan Booker" <ryanbooker AT kromestudios.com>
  • To: <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: implementation of verification page
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:32:10 +1000

I'm very interested in this and have an implementation question:

Would there be a separate verification page for evey piece of
work/mp3?

Or, would you create a verify.php or something attached to a db of
works and licenses etc and embed a url like the following in the mp3:

verify at http://blah.com/verify.php?title=songname,album=albumname

then display the approriate info after parsing the url.

How are spaces in names handled or recommended to be handled in such
cases?

eg http://defteros.securednsweb.com/~buzzeddi/verify/verify.php

This page is static at the moment, but it would make sense for me that
it
be used for all mp3s...

Cheers,
Ryan