cc-metadata - embedding metadata in MIDI?

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: John Kwasnik <jkwasnik AT accessbee.com>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: embedding metadata in MIDI?
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 18:27:44 -0700

to Mike and all --

It looks to me like your method for embedding metadata in MP3 files can be extended to MIDI files as well. While the MIDI file format does not have a place reserved for copyright info, there are text fields (track titles, track markers) where URIs can be placed.

However, the URI would not be clickable, unless all MIDI players were written to allow that ... one would have to cut and paste.

And unfortunately, each field only allows one terminating return, so I haven't figured out how to embed the rdf directly.

John Kwasnik