cc-metadata - Samuelson Clinic DRM Conference

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "John Erickson" <john_erickson AT hplb.hpl.hp.com>
  • To: <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <digital-copyright AT lists.umuc.edu>, <RIGHTS-L AT LISTSERV.UTK.EDU>, <dex-ip AT media.mit.edu>
  • Subject: Samuelson Clinic DRM Conference
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:47:01 -0500

<forwarded>

The Law and Technology of Digital Rights Management
Thursday, February 27- Saturday, March 1, 2003

Boalt Hall School of Law and the School of Information Management and Systems
at
the University of California, Berkeley are pleased to announce this year’s
groundbreaking conference on digital rights management.

As industry increasingly embraces digital delivery systems and looks to
develop
and implement technological protection measures to protect their information,
it
is increasingly important for you to understand how your work intersects with
intellectual property, privacy, and contract law.

We invite you to join leaders from industry, academia, government, and the
nonprofit sector such as:

* Mozelle Thompson (Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission)
* Congresswomen Zoe Lofgren (D-California)
* Cary Sherman (General Counsel, Recording Industry Association of America)
* Lucky Green (cypherpunks.to)
* Larry Lessig (Professor of Law, Stanford University)
* Edward Felten, (Professor of Computer Science, Princeton University)
* Mike Chartier (Director of Regulator Policy of Wireless Group, Intel)
* Barb Fox (Senior Software Architect, Cryptography and Digital Rights
Management, Microsoft Corporation)

and many more to discuss the legal, technological, and policy landscape of
digital rights management systems, learn about recent developments, and debate
the future balance of content protection, fair use, and privacy.

Please join us for this year's conference, Feb. 27-Mar. 1, and don't get left
behind in the most important change in the area of law and technology today.

Registration for the Thursday tutorial and Friday and Saturday conference are
both limited, so visit http://www.law.berkeley.edu/bclt/drm/ today for more
information and online registration.

Please forward this announcement to any interested colleagues.

</forwarded>

| John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
| Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
| PO Box 1158, Norwich, Vermont USA 05055
| 802-649-1683 (vox) 802-371-9796 (cell) 802-649-1695 (fax)
| john_erickson AT hpl.hp.com AIM/YIM/MSN: olyerickson

  • Samuelson Clinic DRM Conference, John Erickson, 01/16/2003