cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] input requested: FAL/BY-SA compatibility - attribution

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Engel Nyst <engel.nyst AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] input requested: FAL/BY-SA compatibility - attribution
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 16:49:52 -0400

On 07/24/2014 05:52 PM, Sarah Pearson wrote:
Do you feel the FAL requirements will meet CC licensor expectations as to
how they will be attributed by downstream users? Any and all input welcome.

CC-BY-SA also contains another provision related to attribution, 3.a.3
(CC-BY as well):
"If requested by the Licensor, You must remove any of the information
required by Section 3(a)(1)(A) to the extent reasonably practicable."

Does this provision "survive" the licensing of an adaptation under FAL?

In my understanding, yes, and the same reasons apply to CC-BY. If this
understanding is incorrect, please tell. I've learned there are CC-BY-SA
licensors for whom this provision matters, at least as a theoretical way
out.

--
"Excuse me, Professor Lessig, may I ask you to sign this CLA, so we can
*legally* have your permission to distribute your CC-licensed works?"