cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Compatibility: please do not use an external list, insert explicit conversion clauses instead

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <rob AT robmyers.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Compatibility: please do not use an external list, insert explicit conversion clauses instead
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:24:21 +0100

On 27/04/13 11:19, Francesco Poli wrote:
my original recommendation was an explicit one-way
conversion clause to GPLv2-or-later, but, if there are concerns about
future versions of the GNU GPL (such as the ones raised by drew
Roberts), I recommend a conversion clause to GPLv2-or-v3.

v2 or later is better than v2/v3 only. BY-SA allows upgrades, and the compatibility mechanism should reflect this.

- Rob.