cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] by-nc-sa draft and GPL compatibility of by-sa

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Christopher Allan Webber <cwebber AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: arne_bab AT web.de
  • Cc: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] by-nc-sa draft and GPL compatibility of by-sa
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:46:09 -0500

Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab AT web.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any parts in the current draft of by-nc-sa which would
> hinder one-way GPL compatibility of by-sa when the nc-clauses get
> removed?
>
> Best wishes,
> Arne

Sorry for the slow delay in approving this message.

At the moment, we're working this out in ongoing discussions with the
Free Software Foundation and the Software Freedom Law Center. We don't
have things straightened out enough at the moment to give clear
specifics, but we are working on and discussing it.

If you have specific points you'd like addressed, please do raise them,
and I'll be sure they're passed along in the compatibility discussion.

- Chris