cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Aggregation and Stronger SA

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Aggregation and Stronger SA
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:50:23 -0400

On Wednesday 25 April 2012 14:41:48 Rob Myers wrote:
> On 04/23/2012 06:33 PM, Francesco Poli wrote:
> > On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 21:48:35 -0400 zotz AT 100jamz.com wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >> *If* that is indeed so, that is not what I want for BY-SA 4.x - I want
> >> only Free siblings to be allowed in the BY-SA version of an aggregate.
> >
> > As I said, I am convinced that such a clause would be overreaching and
> > constitute a non-free restriction...
> >
> > Hence, I oppose to the introduction of such a restriction.
>
> I agree with this for strategic reasons.

Can you explain the strategic reasons you are thinking of?

I am not sure why in general I would want to allow someone libre and gratis
use of my work in a work where his or his "friend's" copyrights in that work
can be used against me.

And shouldn't we have the equivalent of the lgpl in the cc world for those
cases if they exist? Why must most of the cc BY-SA world look like the lgpl
world and not the gpl world?