cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC0 beta/discussion draft 2

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: geni <geniice AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Development of Creative Commons licenses" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC0 beta/discussion draft 2
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 02:47:33 +0100

On 17/04/2008, Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
> See http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/8211 for announcement,
> feedback encouraged on this list.
>
> Key URLs (not intended for production use; this is still a beta):
>
> - Get a CC0 waiver
> http://labs.creativecommons.org/license/zero

Not really you can't. Just about possible to get rid of moral rights
under common law. Napoleonic code not so much (this is on of the many
reasons wikimedia-commons sticks to copyright). Even if we stick to UK
common law that requires a signature or seal I'm not sure that works
too well in an electronic format.

> - CC0 waiver legalcode
> http://labs.creativecommons.org/licenses/zero/1.0/legalcode
>

> Thanks,
> Mike

I really can't see "uses in media and formats or by methods that have
not yet been invented or conceived" holding up in quite a few
jurisdictions.

--
geni