cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC0 beta/discussion draft feedback and next step

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: geni <geniice AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Development of Creative Commons licenses" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC0 beta/discussion draft feedback and next step
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:02:14 +0000

On 16/02/2008, Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org> wrote:

> We hope these changes will help clarify messaging and make it easier
> for us to build -- with your help -- the simplest and most effective
> tools for global usage.

Been done:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Copyright_tags#Public_domain

Asserting public domain is of limited use because the law changes and
then I don't know know how the law changed will impact the media
you've declared to be PD. To be useful you need to explain why you
think something is PD.

--
geni