cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] CC and phone-hold music

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Jessica Coates" <j2.coates AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] CC and phone-hold music
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:36:31 +1000

Hi all

We’ve had an inquiry from a non-profit wanting to use CC music on their phone hold system (ie as “music-on-hold”).

As far as I can see, this would be allowed by the CC licences. The only question is attribution – any suggestions how you might achieve this?

There’s leeway within the licence for attribution appropriate to the use – but how far does that go?

Jessica Coates

Project Manager

Creative Commons Clinic

Queensland University of Technology