cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC license questions

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Dana Powers" <dana.powers AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC license questions
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 19:03:03 -0700

Not sure if this was part of your question, but CC licenses are
non-exclusive - they do not restrict you from entering into other
licensing deals later.

also, 17 usc 106 is the list of your exclusive rights as a copyright
holder. no one other than you should be citing it as authority for
distribution of your copyrighted material unless you've agreed to
license your rights to them. I assume that is what you meant, though.

best,
dpk