cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Wiki noncommercial licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Jon 'Far' McKamey" <jon AT industrialsomething.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Wiki noncommercial licenses
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:54:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hey folks,
I searched the backlog for this group already, and didn't see my answer,
feel free to point me to an old thread on this.

I am setting up a small wiki, and I'd like to have 'non commercial' on the
terms, and I would like to allow attribution to the wiki as an
orgnization. It wasn't clear to me if the 3.0 licenses did this, or how
the 'wiki license' was related to the others. I'd also like to fund
this wiki by printing/'guidebooking' some of the content into cheap
booklets, not for profit, but to cover operating costs.

To break down into individual quesitons:

1. Is the wiki lincese just the same as a share-alike & give attribution'
license? If they are not, how are they different.

2. Does 3.0 licence allow attribution to a group or orgnization, rather
than each contributor?

3. Does selling something (even at cost, or for overhead cost (not for
profit)) violate the 'no commercial' uses?

Thanks for the help. Like I said, feel free to point me to old threads for
answers.

- Far (Jon McKamey)