cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] ShareAlike extent

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] ShareAlike extent
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:13:29 -0400

On Monday 21 May 2007 07:23 am, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Now that's the problem. The components aren't "separate and independent
> works", they need to work together to form a whole.

I have been thinking along these lines myself for the last several days and
particularly on collections.

What sorts of collections do we commonly run into?

I have:

stamp collection
coin collection
rock collection
photo collection
video collection
bill collection (radar numbers anyone)

It might be a bit far fetched to try and call a motorbike a "parts
collection"
though.

In all of the above collections, the things in the collection are "like"
items.

What collections do we commonly run into that are of unlike items?

A Junk collection?

Do collections have any special characteristics that distinguish them from
other groupings of objects?

Are the answers different in law than in dailing living in any case? Can any
shed some light on this for us if it is important?

(da idea man)