cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] ShareAlike extent

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] ShareAlike extent
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 07:14:16 -0400

On Monday 21 May 2007 04:24 am, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> (I have also seen this kind of claim been attacked and defended in
> court. It's largely a grey area. Fortunately, few people try to
> establish or enforce this kind of copyright.)

Minefield!

I see this as one of the problems with some of these modern copyright laws
with not notice and no registration required. If it's gettable, you got it.
It doesn't matter if you try to establish or enforce it, you got it. Even if
you don't know you got it, you got it. Right? And if you have an untimely
meeting with a bus, your heirs may decide to do the enforcing even if that
would have been something you would never have done.

Am I totally off in the above?

(da idea man)