cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Free as in Gru

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Björn Terelius" <bjorn.terelius AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Free as in Gru
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:36:11 +0200

Greg, can you explain to me why you think that the word freedom on the CC homepage confuses people. After all, as far as I remember from the discussion, nobody said that ND/NC were Free Software or even free (in the common sense).

I think that everybody on this list understand the CC licenses. Furthermore, the description of each license is so clear that anybody who knows th FSF definition of Free will understand that the CC licenses with NC or ND does not qualify as Free Software.

-Bjorn