cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Thoughts / Questions re ND

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Thoughts / Questions re ND
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:51:10 -0400

Some thoughts have been knocking around in my head for a while now and this
question springs from them:

Can ND works be used where the sync rights would kick in for SA works?

reading ND 3.0:

"The above rights may be exercised in all media and formats whether now known
or hereafter devised. The above rights include the right to make such
modifications as are technically necessary to exercise the rights in other
media and formats, but otherwise you have no rights to make Adaptations."

Audio is one medium, video/film another. Can the above apply in any way, or
are ND songs totally unusable in video?

For the ignorant (I refer to at least myself here) does sync refer to
anything
more technical that simply using the song in the background of a video? (Are
there any timing elements necessary? I don't even know how to properly ask
this question.)

(da idea man)