cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] "Collective" vs "Derivative" was Re: "mere aggregation"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] "Collective" vs "Derivative" was Re: "mere aggregation"
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 23:50:07 -0400 (EDT)

This is where I'd probably have to get a lawyer myself.
I think one way to look at the work is to ask whether
or not the works combine to form a new expression or
whether they remain different expressions between the
covers of the book. If they combine to create something
new, then I'd say it's a derivative. If they remain
separate and different expressions but in the same book,
then I'd say they are aggregate.

You results in court may vary.