cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] CC-BY 2.0 photo usage inside a screensaver

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Melissa Cotano <melcotano AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] CC-BY 2.0 photo usage inside a screensaver
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:39:24 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

I am creating a commercial screensaver that will be distributed as a trial download that expires after 30 days.

I would like to include in this screensaver some CC-BY 2.0 images I found on Flickr, but before doing so I would like to know:

1) whether the CC-BY 2.0 license allows such usage (i.e. inclusion of CC-BY 2.0 works inside a binary application expiring after a given time frame)
2) if there are any caveats I should be aware of

Thank you for your help.

Melissa

Do you Yahoo!?