cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mia Garlick <mia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:13:44 -0800

so people criticising CC for a vague definition of NonCommercial is wearing a little thin with me. for 9 months we worked on some guidelines to try to encapsulate what the different communities understood "NonCommercial" to mean....a discussion draft of the guidelines was posted on January 10, 2006; see: http:// creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5752.

so far there have been 2 comments on these. if you think the definition is too vague & CC should do something to clarify it - let's discuss these guidelines!!!

thanks,

mia
http://creativecommons.org/about/people#36