cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] CC Patent

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Ben Crosbie" <bencrosbie AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] CC Patent
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 00:51:28 +0000

I have had a lot of ideas for inventions over the years and want to share them with people, but a) don't want greedy corporations to get their hands on them and b) don't want to be corrupted by them myself and c) generally don't want anyone else be able to exploit them without my permission that is, especially if i don't exploit them cause then i'll feel like a twat, but i still want other people to be able build them and modify them an stuff and try them out for themselves. What are the chances of having a Creative Commons Patent?
If only every man were like Tim Berners Lee, he gave the internet to the world for free...