cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] cc-licenses visionary architecture

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Patrick Peiffer <peiffer.patrick AT gmail.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] cc-licenses visionary architecture
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:34:52 +0100

Hi,

I guess open licencensing would help this building method. The
"patterns", structures that will be developped are worth something as
in "creative value". This value of course associated with cavetats
like copyright: no right to copy, no right to use commercially, no
right to change, etc. This seems to me a problem when trying to get
this new method off the ground, especially over a ten-years period.
The solution indeed would be an open-content licence, like a cc-by-sa,
maybe a cc-by-nc-nd for a client who wants sth unique... the sky's the
limit.

for the second question, no idea.

btw: could you translate the strange scripts, can't read them.

regs, patrick (ianal)