cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] How to license a non-cc song to a video?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: faskine AT web.de
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] How to license a non-cc song to a video?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:55:12 +0100

Hello CC,

I created a video and want to publish it on the web under CC. I am using a
song from a professional band (which has no record label so far, but might
have one in the future) as soundtrack.

The band wants to keep as much rights as possible on that song, but is
willing to allow me to use the song for non-commercial use in my video.

I will ask them to release that song under the "Attribution Non-commercial No
Derivatives (by-nc-nd)" license, but I think the band is not willing to do
that. So which kind of contract/statement do I need from the band to be able
to publish the video under CC (by-nc-nd)?

Many greetings, CC rocks! I use it for all my own works,

Faskine.
--
email: faskine AT web DOT de

Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsstarkeren E-Mail-Postfach!