cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Sharealike license element change and by-nc-sa

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mia Garlick <mia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Sharealike license element change and by-nc-sa
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:14:15 -0800

Hey Evan,

Good question. As you can see from the original proposal, the plan initially was that the amendment would apply to all ShareAlike provisions in the CC licenses. However, that may not be possible for some of the reasons that have been aired on the list to date. We welcome people's views on whether this is possible or whether it should be limited to just the BY-SA license (if it happens at all).

People should also consider making suggestions for how any such change (if effected) gets incorporated into the Commons Deed. Creative Commons is not looking to create "back doors" to trip people up but - as the title of the posting suggests - ensuring that we have an interoperable commons.

Rgds, Mia