cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Adding additional condition

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Adding additional condition
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:14:47 -0400

On Monday 17 October 2005 12:15 pm, S K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to release the pictures I have on my
> photoblog under a Creative Commons
> Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 license but I
> want anyone using the material to drop me an email,
> not to ask for premission, just to let me know.
>
> My question has two parts
>
> (1) Does specifying this extra condition go against
> the letter and/or spirit of the CC license?

Goes against the letter. You can request, but not require.

> (2) If not, how should I word the extra condition?
> Would something like the one stated below do?
> "The usage of the materials on this site is governed
> by a Creative Commons
> Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License with
> an additional condition that you must notify the
> copyright owner about the usage of the material, by
> email at the email address shown below."

I think you could possibly get by with a request and and explanation as to
why, but if you change the license itself, from what I understand, you cannot
call it a CC license.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22drew%20Roberts%22