cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Adding additional condition

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Adding additional condition
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:26:50 -0700

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 09:15 -0700, S K wrote:
> I am not sure if this had been asked and answered
> before (absence of search feature does not help). If
> it has been, it would be glad if someone could point
> me to the archives in question.

I seem to recall that ibiblio lists were searchable at one point, will
ask if this one can be (again?). In the meantime, add terms to this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=cc-licenses+site%3Alists.ibiblio.org

Your question has been asked before. The summary is
- You can add terms to a CC license, but you then can't call it a CC
license.
- You can specify a URL for attribution, then use something like
technorati to track use.
- Think about whether you really want an additional legal requirement.
asking for notification as a courtesy might get you 90% of what you
want.

IANAL, you might want legal advice, etc.

--
Mike Linksvayer
http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21