cc-licenses - Re: Licensing Gaming Material

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Peter Brink <peter.brink AT brinkdata.se>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Licensing Gaming Material
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:03:21 +0200

Jacinto Quesnel skrev:
Dear (CC) staff,

Being an avid game designer and gamer myself (and that includes everything > from tabletop to computer and console gaming) I really this the
Traditional
and Videogame industries could really benefit from getting a more accesible creative commons license fit to games projects, all of them: software, written
work, etc.

But, even if the (CC) site very easy to use and straightfoward for average use, it has become very confusing for when it becomes to participate. I want to help build a license for games, something similar to OGL ( opengamingfoundation.org ) most probably, but less centered in games by a single company. please direct me to whom should I talk about this or how to move around the website in order to do this.
[ snip ]
PS: today I started a list of (CC) Tabletop Gaming Proyects ( http://pandemuerto.opiumgarden.org/cctg/index.html ), I plan on building a Videogame list during the next week. If there is a better place to do this I'd like to know.

Free Roleplaying Community ( http://www.freeroleplay.org/ ) might be good place to start. Note however that the folks at freeroleplay.org don't seem to consider CC licenses to be free, in the OSF sense. They recommend GPL. Since you seem to target both software and literary works GPL might be a better choice for you.

/Peter Brink