cc-licenses - Re: Wrapping my brain around the license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Wrapping my brain around the license
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:03:09 -0700

Mark Havenner wrote:
It is pretty certain I will be using the Attribute-ShareAlike License for an online writing community. This community will have many "collective" works, meaning there will be tons of articles and documents separate but supportive of the whole work. Will it be sufficient to add a url link to the license at the foot of each article?

A license URL plus attribution to the author(s) of each article ought to be sufficient, but IANAL.

--
Mike Linksvayer
http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21