cc-licenses - Re: Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike - question

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Improbulus" <improbulus+cc-l1 AT gmail.com>, "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike - question
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:05:43 -0400 (EDT)

Attribution goes all the way back to the original author.
Every author in between must be attributed.

An alternative is the CC-Wiki license which has downstream
authors assign attribution to a central project
rather than listing every individual.

But if you want attribution even when the
great-great-great-great-great-grandson of your
original work is born, then use CC-Attribution.