cc-licenses - Re: Wiki license 0.5 beta

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Wiki license 0.5 beta
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:14:11 -0500

On Monday 28 March 2005 10:06 am, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 09:18:17AM -0500, Greg London wrote:
> > I'm just wondering if a user agreement could be worded to
> > enforce option (ii) only.
>
> http://codebook.jot.com/WikiHome
>
> "By editing or posting to this wiki, you agree that your contributions
> will be licensed under a Creative Commons Wiki 0.5 (beta) license, and
> you agree to waive attribution for your contributions with the
> understanding that copyrighted material made available from this wiki
> will be attributed to the wiki itself, namely the Code v.2 Wiki."
>
> > If so, then I see no problem with cc-wiki and attribution.
> > (other than there's no way to turn it off)
>
> I think there are some other problems. As I noted before, it's not
> clear that the Attribution license element in the Wiki license is
> supposed to be equivalent, for purposes of ShareAlike, with the
> Attribution element in other licenses.
>
> In other words, can I make a derivative of Wiki 0.5 pages be
> a Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 work, and vice versa? What about iCommons
> by-sa licenses?
>
> ~Evan

A further question...

Given how the license is being used here:

http://codebook.jot.com/WikiHome

Were someone to make a derivative work. Could they then demand attribution
for
their derivative?

And another as relates to the moral rights issue:

This usage would not apply in moral rights countries, correct?

And a call for further license options as relates to these ideas.

I ask for a way for an original author to license in such a way that they
would be held to NC as well as those downstream.

And...

An option for the original author to hold themselves to no-attribution as
well
as all downstream (with the understanding that, as things stand now, this
would not work in moral rights countries.)