cc-licenses - NC and compulaory licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: NC and compulaory licenses
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:13:32 -0500

OK,

an author puts a song under an NC variant. Just the words, just the music, or
the combo.

As I understand it, once a song is published (exactly what I dont' know, does
it have to be recorded and the recording published?) certain compulsary
licenses come into play.

I would assume these compulsary licenses would trump the ND license and allow
people making use of them to use the work in a commercial manner.

Am I correct in this assumption?

If so, does anyone have any thoughts on ways of making this unattractive if
you really are set against your work being used for commercial purposes and
it does not matter to you if you get paid or not.

http://zotz.openphoto.net/

  • NC and compulaory licenses, drew Roberts, 03/21/2005