cc-licenses - Comments on iCommons Canada en licences

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT bad.dynu.ca>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: marcus AT uottawa.ca
  • Subject: Comments on iCommons Canada en licences
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:44:28 -0500

As mentioned before, I made plain-text versions of the iCommons Canada licences available here:
http://bad.dynu.ca/~evan/ccpl-ca-en/
While working with them, I noticed these copy-editing problems (there are probably others), which I'll reference in the Attribution 2.0 Canada licence:
  • In Section 1.g., the word "Musical Work" starts with a curly double quote rather than a straight ASCII quote, as used in the rest of the text.
  • Section 1.g. ends with a semicolon rather than a period, as do all of the other definitions.
  • Section 4.c.i. includes a curly apostrophe rather than a straight ASCII apostrophe ("Original Author's").
  • Section 4.d. also has a curly apostrophe in "Original Author's honour".
  • Section 8.d. ends with a comma.
It's probably worth noting these for future revisions. Thanks,

~Evan

--
Evan Prodromou
evan AT bad.dynu.ca

  • Comments on iCommons Canada en licences, Evan Prodromou, 03/21/2005