cc-licenses - Re: Questions Regarding CCL Non-Commercial

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: nono2sco <nono2sco AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Questions Regarding CCL Non-Commercial
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:19:03 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for your response Bob,

I was trying to be discrete and not draw GrokLaw into
this by name, but now you have made that no longer
necessary.

Do you feel that my 4 questions in any way mistated
the facts?

Also, I just saw that some changes have been made to
the Mission Statement and Comments Policy today,
subsequent to my posting the original questions, but
apparently they still append conditions to the CCL,
something that does not seem to coincide with the
intent of the CCL. Other parts have been changed to
soften statements pointed out in my initial questions.

For example this quote from the newly updated Comments
Policy at the link posted below.

"That means they may be reproduced elsewhere for
noncommercial purposes with attribution, and as an
explanatory note, when it says noncommercial, I mean
that I don't want you using my work for any commercial
purpose, including trying to affect the stock price
for your benefit." -- GrokLaw Comments Policy

Now the question that comes to mind is that if GrokLaw
posts an article that affects the stock price, are we
saying that a tiny unknown site that exists soley to
let search engine bots be able to index PJ's CCL-ed
articles is going to magnify that effect? Especially
when currently the latest article is from 12/31/2004?

Since is there is only one person we know mirroring
the articles and he happens to have a short interest
in SCO stock (very carefully disclaimed on his
website) doesn't this whole comment seem to be
directed at that one person? A previous mirror of the
CCL-ed articles was shut down suddenly with little
explanation.

By the way the mirror site is http://gl.scofacts.org/

http://SCOFacts.org being the creation of Al Petrofsky
longtime home of SCO related legal documents and
somtimes used source for documents and transcripts on
GrokLaw.

All anyone wants to see is those that use the CCL and
say they support the ideas of the F/OSS community play
by those same rules.

http://www.groklaw.net/staticpages/index.php?page=2004030120301285