cc-licenses - Questions Regarding CCL Non-Commercial

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Bob Roberts <droneckx AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Questions Regarding CCL Non-Commercial
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:08:48 -0800 (PST)

The site in question is Groklaw.

The part these people think will apply to their friend's mirror is:

"I will also remove misleading or incorrect statements or links thereto made by persons having an interest in the stock price of any company involved in any of the cases we cover on Groklaw, and no permission is granted to any such persons to reproduce the content of Groklaw."

This is found under the Comment Guidelines on Groklaw at http://www.groklaw.net/staticpages/index.php?page=2004030120301285

The guy with the mirror is one of a band of extremely vocal anti Groklaw people. They think that PJ added this to the Comments Guidelines to shut him down (because he has some SCOX stock), yet she has not contacted him. That is why they are asking questions. For more insight into their little campaign, see the CKX board at Y! finance, where they have been discussing what questions to pose here.