cc-licenses - one alternative and one amendment

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Jochen Bruening" <jochen.bruening AT uni-konstanz.de>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: one alternative and one amendment
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:39:46 +0100

Was dicussed at: How to include a copy of the appropriate license?

On Oct. 28 Rob Myers quote FSF:
> “…we recommend you consider the licenses proposed by Creative Commons.
> However, when using them, we strongly urge you to reject the option to
> reference the license with a link to a URL. You cannot take for granted
> that the same URL will still function ten years from now … “

I strongly second this. So how about using URNs instead of (and possibly in
parallel to) URLs?

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-licenses/2004-October/001220.html

On Oct 29 Evan Prodromou wrote:
> Yeah, it's [the license in plain text format] come up.

That is not without risk, because the text may be changed. So how about
digitally signing the plain licence text? Even the slightest modification
would trigger an alert.

Jochen U. Bruening
Universitaet Konstanz, FB Informatik und Informationswissenschaft
Tel.: 07531/88-2410 Mobil: 0170-7422617
Email: jochen.bruening AT uni-konstanz.de

  • one alternative and one amendment, Jochen Bruening, 11/10/2004