cc-licenses - Re: Can't find the right license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Branko Collin" <collin AT xs4all.nl>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Can't find the right license
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:34:43 +0200
On 27 Oct 2004, at 12:36, Matt Scheuerman wrote:

> I am currently developing some graphics that I want to release under
> certain conditions:
>
> * users can employ the graphics for any medium and can use the
> graphics for commercial and non-commercial work.
>
> *Credit to the original author in any form is not mandatory but is
> highly appreciated.
>
> *The files may be changed/updated/manipulated/redistributed as long as
> they are accompanied by a text file giving original credit to the
> author.
>
> So is there a license I can use already written or should I manipulate
> and write my own?

If I understand you correctly you want:

- No attribution for the original works

- Attribution for derivative works

In that case you could consider dual licensing; you distribute a work
with license A, that nixes attribution, but prohibits derivatives;
and you disitribute a version of that same work with license B, which
prescribes attribution, but allows derivatives.

--
branko collin
collin AT xs4all.nl