cc-licenses - Re: Does people have to share the "source code"?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Gottfried Hofmann <toddd AT mypse.goracer.de>
  • To: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • Cc: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Does people have to share the "source code"?
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:48:36 +0200

That's why I wanted to switch to CC, but unfortunately, CC 2.0 does not provide CC-SA anymore, but that is another story...

Heh. :-) Apparently you can pre-emptively waive attribution on SA.

Apparently this does not remove the attribtuion restrictions for derived works because ppl who modify my work can require attribution this way. So the attribution restriction is not there in the first place, but in the second.

Yes. In particular it passes on this requirement, which even if you choose to provide source with CC, you can't require of others.

If you want ppl just to waive attribution, you can also tell them to add the sources their sources but not require it for oithers. Exactly the same thing.