cc-licenses - Re: C******* C****** Attribution license element

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Todd A. Jacobs" <nospam AT codegnome.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: C******* C****** Attribution license element
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:50:07 -0700

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 06:11:26PM -0400, Evan Prodromou wrote:

> Short of this, can _I_ make a plain-text version, leave off the
> extraneous non-license parts, and still call it a C******* C******
> license?

As long as you don't make changes to the actual license text, you can
certainly still call it a CC license, because it is. Since there is no
prohibition against distributing copies of the license itself (just on
changing it without also changing the attribution), you can include the
plain-text version with your materials.

Personally, I don't like the whole URI thing, and think enclosing an
ASCII version of the license (the way people are supposed to include the
GPL in tarballs) is a really good idea. YMMV.

--
Find my Techno-Geek Journal at http://www.codegnome.org/geeklog/