cc-licenses - someone violated my CC common license, now what?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Pim Techamuanvivit" <pim AT chezpim.com>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: someone violated my CC common license, now what?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:05:49 -0700

Hi,

I have a Creative Common license on my food blog, chezpim.typepad.com.  I publish food content and photos, with a Creative Common License for

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 1.0

There is an article published in the current issue of the Arena Magazine in the UK, which published a photo of a roasted pig from my blog without my permission.  The photo is most definitely mine, as the pig was part of a private party that the author of the article attended.

I don't really want any financial gain from this, but would rather not let them get away with doing this without repercussion.  What should I do?  I don't know if regular lawyers would have any knowledge of creative common licensing.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks so much in advance,

Pim