cc-licenses - Re: software licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: selussos <mgr AT x-oz.com>
  • Cc: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: software licenses
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 23:41:19 -0800

selussos wrote:
Unfortunately we cannot do GPL but must offer something in the MIT/X/BSD
variation see: http://www.x-oz.com/licenses.html, which is why I thought the link to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/ would be good.
Will you be doing something like that in the near future? If so I could justw
wait and link then if you think that would be clearer.

I don't see a link to CC there, but it wouldn't make much sense, as you aren't actually using the license you propose to link to.

As you can I am looking for _clarity_ since we've been getting so many questions on our rather simple license. Thanks for your quick response.

Well, that's what you get for creating your own license. :-)

You could create a commons deed-like summary. Whether that would help depends upon the nature of the questions you're getting.

--
Mike Linksvayer