cc-licenses - Re: Different logo for each license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Different logo for each license
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:35:10 -0800

Luke Stodola wrote:
Personally, I'm only interested in content under either the CC-BY
license or the CC-BY-SA license; the others are simply too restrictive. But its a pain to have to click on the little green button or watch the
status bar when I mouseover to see what license URL it points to.

If you're using Mozilla or Firebird check out <http://yergler.net/projects/mozcc/>. If a page has CC metadata it'll display the by/nc/nd/sa/pd icons in your status bar as appropriate.

We'd like someone to write similar extensions for other browsers, see <http://creativecommons.org/technology/challenges#challenge_entry_3848>.

Luke Stodola
dxdt.org/audio/

Cool domain name! You should add appropriate metadata to each of your pages under <http://dxdt.org/audio/>, e.g., <http://dxdt.org/audio/CC-BY/The_Bond/> so that the above extension and similar can work on your site.

I don't think we're planning on a separate icon for each license. Thanks for your feedback -- might never have been considered otherwise.

--
Mike Linksvayer