cc-licenses - Different logo for each license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Luke Stodola <lbs6380 AT rit.edu>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Different logo for each license
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:14:28 -0500

One simple request:

Can we have a different logo for each license?

Personally, I'm only interested in content under either the CC-BY
license or the CC-BY-SA license; the others are simply too restrictive.
But its a pain to have to click on the little green button or watch the
status bar when I mouseover to see what license URL it points to.

It would be nice if the non-commercial or non-deriv. graphics could have
a big red octagon inscribed with "NC" or "ND" respectively.

I suppose the SA license could be slightly different as well. This
isn't important to me, but some people might like it. Comments? I
could see a circle with arrows (like the recycle triangle) or maybe just
a line with arrows on both ends ( <--> ) to signify the "giving back"
aspect.

Thanks.

Luke Stodola
dxdt.org/audio/